Parents of adult children with disabilities know that their child's disability needs may change over…
Saving up for that perfect summer vacation? Kids still in school for another couple of weeks? On a budget, but have severe wanderlust? Well then, it’s the perfect time to enjoy a staycation!
A staycation is when you take a break from work and the everyday hustle and bustle of life, but instead of going away, you stay home and explore your own city or town. Here are some fun, creative, and interesting ideas for having an amazing staycation:
- Eric J. Einhart suggests taking a virtual tour of a museum you’ve always wanted to visit. This way, you can explore new places without ever leaving your couch!
- Deanna M. Eble recommends having an outdoor movie night in your backyard or on the patio with friends and family. Be sure to grab some comfy blankets, pillows, snacks, and pop some popcorn!
- Marie Elena Puma’s go-to staycation includes a picnic before exploring a nearby park or forest preserve. Don’t forget to bring your favorite food, music, some games, and plan to spend the day out in nature.
- Kim N. Christian enjoys spa days at home. Draw yourself a relaxing bath with essential oils, create an at-home facial with items from your kitchen, and slip into a cozy robe.
- Vincent J. Russo loves a game night. Invite friends over for board games, card games, or just sit around the table and talk while enjoying snacks.
- Diana Lattanzio takes her children to local attractions like the zoo, aquarium, art gallery, and library, taking in all that they have to offer.
Wherever you decide to take your break from life, make sure to relax and have fun. And remember… never leave home without finalizing your Durable Power of Attorney and Health Care Proxy!