In New York, real estate law can include a broad range of services, including buying, selling, and leasing commercial properties. For most business owners and investors, it’s a significant asset to protect from litigation caused by disputes involving landlords and tenants, leases and contracts, boundaries, liens, construction defects, and more.
Our experienced New York real estate attorneys can assist you during the purchase or sale of commercial real estate in Suffolk County, Nassau County, and New York City, NY. Our knowledge of the New York real estate market makes our firm a vital resource for commercial real estate law.
Understanding New York Commercial Sales and Purchases
Our New York commercial real estate attorneys can give New York property owners peace of mind through every step of the sale and purchase process. We guide you through the entire commercial real estate transaction. For commercial properties, working with a New York real estate lawyer can ensure you and your property don’t end up in a real estate dispute. We develop the right real estate legal documents to protect you during a sale or purchase of a property.
How We Help Buyers:
- Reviewing and negotiating the real estate contract
- Resolving issues (including repairs) prior to closing
- Negotiating contingency clauses, walk away rights, mortgage provisions, etc.
- Corresponding with the seller’s attorney, title company, and mortgage company
- Explaining the real estate contract and mortgage commitment to the buyer
- Preparing for closing, including necessary title work
- Reviewing the mortgage commitment and title commitment
- Representing the buyers at closing
How We Help Sellers:
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating the real estate contract
- Explaining the real estate contract to the seller
- Resolving any issues (including repairs) prior to closing
- Corresponding with the buyer’s attorney
- Preparing for closing
- Representing sellers at closing
Understanding Business Formations for Real Estate in Nassau County, Suffolk County, and New York City, NY
Did you know you are personally responsible when purchasing New York property in your name?
Both first-time real estate buyers and seasoned buyers are at risk of having real estate property seized if specific legal actions go into effect. If you own real estate personally, any lawsuit or potential monetary judgment against you automatically opens the door to seizing your assets in a suit.
Our experienced commercial real estate attorneys can help you eliminate the risk by forming Limited Liability Companies (LLCs). If your company faces debts or liabilities, the LLC business structure protects you from being personally liable. Shielding your commercial real estate with the formation of an LLC in New York safeguards your personal assets from business disputes by holding ownership of the commercial property.
Russo Law Group, P.C. helps you and your loved ones handle Estate Planning, Elder Law, Special Needs Planning, New York Medicaid Planning, Trust & Estate, Guardianship, Small Business Planning, and Real Estate law. We welcome you to contact our Garden City, Lido Beach, or Islandia, New York, law offices to learn more about how we can help address your real estate planning legal matters.
If you need assistance in commercial sales and purchases in Long Island and New York City communities, please don’t hesitate to contact the real estate attorneys with Russo Law Group, P.C. While we have several office locations, we can also visit your home and offer virtual meetings for convenience.