Memory care is specialized care for patients living with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, or other conditions…
- If I get hurt and can no longer work, how much will I receive in Social Security Disability?
- Once I decide to retire, will my Social Security retirement cover my daily living expenses?
- If I am no longer here to support my family, will my family be able to live off my Social Security?
Recently, the Social Security Administration (SSA) has stopped mailing Social Security earnings statements on a regular basis. Although these statements could not predict the future, they gave us comfort knowing what funds would be available to us—should we need them or when we decide to retire. Instead of receiving regular statements, SSA will begin to send out statements to workers attaining the ages of 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 and older, three months prior to their birthday.
Workers who do not want to wait for their scheduled mailing can request their statements online by creating a “my Social Security” Account. For your convenience, we have provided step by step instructions to retrieve your statement online below:
- Type in your web browser www.SSA.gov
- Click on “Online Services”
- Under List of Services, click on the “estimate your future benefits” tab
- When the dropdown list appears, click on “View your Social Security Statement online by creating an account and signing in with us”
- Click on the “Create an Account” blue button
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and “check” the I AGREE box, then click NEXT
From there, follow the prompts to set up your account.
As a precautionary measure, you will be asked to answer a series of questions to verify your identity. Once you have completed those questions and set up your username and password, you will be able to request and view your statement online.
Remember to print your statement for your records and put your username and password in a safe place.
Should you have any questions regarding your Social Security retirement or Social Security Disability eligibility, contact the experienced and knowledgeable staff of Russo Law Group, P.C. to help plan for your future!
Mary E. Gagliardo
Russo Law Group, P.C.
100 Quentin Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 102
Garden City, NY 11530