Eric J. Einhart is a Partner with Russo Law Group, P.C. of Garden City, Lido Beach, Islandia, Bay Shore and Manhattan, New York. He focuses on the areas of Elder Law, Trust and Estate Administration, Tax Law, Guardianship, and Real Estate. Eric is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association and the Nassau County Bar Association. He is admitted to the New York and New Jersey Bars. He is also a member of ElderCounsel and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA).
Eric earned his law degree at New York Law School, where he graduated cum laude. While in law school Eric created and authored an Elder Law blog, which featured articles that have been re-published in multiple publications.
“I first became interested in Elder Law while I was still in college,” says Eric. “I heard Vincent J. Russo speak at a seminar hosted by the New York Times. The topic was legal and economic issues faced by seniors. During the Q-and-A portion of the seminar, I was struck by the level of confusion about the law. It was amazing to see how Vincent was able to give people peace of mind just by explaining how the law worked. I remember thinking, ‘I want to do that.’ At the time I was planning to attend law school, so I decided to concentrate in Elder Law. I chose New York Law School because it offered an Elder Law Clinic and the chance to focus on Elder Law.”
Eric is a sought-after writer and speaker. He has written articles and blog posts for the Nassau Lawyer, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Tax Section Blog, MassMutual Special Care Planners, The Student Appeal, and the VJRussoLaw Blog. Eric has also presented numerous seminars on Elder Law and Trust and Estate Administration throughout Nassau and Queens Counties to both consumers and professionals.
Eric and his beautiful wife, Elizabeth, have been married for eight years and have been blessed with three amazing daughters. Born and raised in Amityville, Eric and his family now live in Nassau County, not far from where he met his wife in English class at Holy Trinity Diocesan High School. Eric enjoys playing guitar and following baseball when he can, but as you can imagine, most of his free time is now devoted to his growing family.
Eric J. Einhart’s Experience
- Member-New York State Bar
- Member –New Jersey State Bar
- BBA – City University of New York-Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business – 2007
- Juris Doctor – New York Law School – 2012 Cum Laude
Accomplishments & Recognitions:
Association & Board Memberships:
- Member – New York State Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Nassau County Bar Association
- Member – ElderCounsel
- Member – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Member – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) Tax Steering Committee
- Member – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) 2018 Annual Conference Planning Committee
Blog Posts by Eric J. Einhart
- What should I consider before making a gift? – Intention of the gift
- What should I consider before making a gift? – Value of the gift
- What should I consider before making a gift? – Medicaid eligibility
- The SECURE Act – Non-retirement changes
- Need to Know Tax Facts for 2020
- Charitable Gift Giving – When should I give to a charity?
- Charitable Gift Giving – How much can I deduct?
- Charitable Gift Giving – Is the charity a qualified organization under IRS rules?
- Charitable Gift Giving – Am I eligible to deduct the charitable contribution?
- When Should a Medicaid Plan be Presented to the Guardianship Court?