Deanna is a Partner at Russo Law Group, P.C. of Garden City, Islandia, Lido Beach and Manhattan, New York. She focuses on Elder Law, Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning and Medicaid Planning, and has practiced in these areas for more than fifteen years. Deanna is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Nassau County Bar Association, Nassau County Women’s Bar Association, Elder Counsel and is admitted to the New York Bar. She earned her law degree at Hofstra University School of Law. Deanna frequently presents seminars on Elder Law and Estate Planning throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties.
While attending school, Deanna worked in a nursing home for almost ten years. The experience of working with the families and seeing the challenges presented in trying to care for a loved one inspired her to focus on Elder Law and related practice areas. “Caring for a loved one during an illness can be such a stressful time for everyone involved, and each individual handles that stress in a different way,” says Deanna. “The fact that I can be there for families during times like these, and provide sound legal counsel about how to pay for and provide the necessary care, is what motivates me every day. I take great satisfaction in helping families address their legal needs, so they can focus their energies on spending time with their loved ones.”
As an attorney, Deanna has helped hundreds of families with all levels of planning. She assists families interested in planning in advance for the possibility of incapacity and the need for long-term care. She also helps families in crisis situations—when they have been told that a loved one must enter a nursing home soon, or has already been placed in one, and they need to obtain assistance from Medicaid quickly.
Deanna and her husband, Brandon, have been married since April 2001. They have two wonderful boys. Deanna was born on Long Island and now lives in Kings Park. Deanna enjoys baking and spending time with her family.
- Member – New York State Bar
BA, Hofstra University, 1997
Juris Doctor, Hofstra University School of Law, 2000
Association & Board Memberships:
- Member – ElderCounsel
- Member – Nassau County Bar Association
Accomplishments & Recognitions:
- My House Is Owned By A Trust, Can I Still Take Advantage Of The Capital Gains Exclusion?
- SSI And The “Able” Account
- Make Sure That You Have The Right Supplemental Needs Trust!
- Can I get 24-hour Home Care?
- Should You Disinherit a Family Member Because They are Receiving Some Kind of Government Benefits?
- My Mother Has Too Much Money, So I Guess She Has To Pay Privately For Her Home Care
- Will Your Home Be Transferred to Your Family Upon Your Passing?
- Do You Own Property In Two States?