Skip to content

Is a Pooled Income Trust Right for Me?

Pooled Income Trust - Is a Pooled Income Trust Right for Me? - Russo Law Group, P.C.A pooled trust allows disabled individuals who are under age 65 to become financially eligible for public assistance, e.g. Medicaid, SSI, etc. This type of trust provides flexibility—allowing individuals to preserve their assets and monthly income necessary to pay for supplemental needs that are not covered by public assistance.

There are various types of pooled trusts. Many people are unaware of the pooled income trust which can be established by anyone (including seniors) to protect their monthly income and still access Medicaid.

Read More

Leaving Money in a Charitable Trust or Will (Part 2)

Leaving Money in a Charitable Trust or Will (Part 2)Why should you contact the charity that you are planning to name as beneficiary?

People often wish to leave money to charities. This blog contains real-world scenarios in which individuals leave assets to charities:

Example #1: Tom has no children and no living relatives. His net worth is about 10 million dollars. Realizing his estate would be taxable, he wanted to strategically make a bequest to his alma mater, the church that he attends, and a hospital that he credits with saving his life.

He contacted his alma mater to inform them of his intentions. He signed a letter of intent specifying the dollar amount of the gift he intended to leave. As a result, the college named an endowment after him, with the funds to be used to create a scholarship.

He spoke with the pastor at his church about his intentions, and he was able to hear about the good work that the church will be able to do as a result of his gift.

Read More
Back To Top